25 April 2022
We are delighted to invite you to the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group’s session led by Dr Ralph Lee MBE, Oxford Centre for Mission Studies, UK.
Here are the details of this fascinating event.
Topic: Enoch and the Fallen Angels in the Ethiopian Tradition
Speaker: Dr Ralph Lee MBE, Oxford Centre for Mission Studies, UK.
Chair: Professor Sebastian Brock, Wolfson College, University of Oxford
Date: Mon, 25 April, 2022
Time: 17:00-18:00 BST | 9:00-10:00 PT | 12:00-13:00 ET
Please register below:
If you would like to join the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
- Enoch and the Fallen Angels in the Ethiopian Tradition
- Narsai on the Virgin Mary
- An Anonymous Syriac Dialogue between Mary and the Angel
- Dadisho of Qatar: Questioning the Desert Fathers
- George the Athonite on matters of Faith and Rite, According to the Life of St George the Hagiorite
- Temple, Shekhinah and Prayer in Isaac of Nineveh’s III.VIII
- St. Ephrem’s Commentary on Genesis Ch.3
- Matta el-Meskin/Matthew the Poor (1919-2006): a ‘Contemporary Desert Father’ on Christian Unity
- Epistolary Style in Coptic Letters from the Late Third Century to the Early Fifth Century
- Sarah and the Akedah: a Syriac narrative poem on Genesis 22
- Alexander Schmemann on Theotokos vis-à-vis Kali a Hindu Mother Goddess
- The Opening Prayers of Saint Gregory of Narek’s Book of Lamentations
- Commemorating the saints at Turfan: Mart Shir and Mar Barshabba
- Jacob of Sarug on the Canaanite Woman (Mt 15:21-28, Mk 7:24-30): Biblical Storytelling and Models of Faith
- The Paterik of the Kyivan Caves Monastery: Monk Polikarp in Discourse 14