We are honoured to welcome Rabbi Joshua Stanton (CLAL, NY, USA) and Rabbi Benjamin Spratt (Rodeph Sholom, NY,USA) to lead a session of the Eschatology in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Topic: Rabbi Akiva and the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of Redemption (Tractate Makkot 24b of the Babylonian Talmud)
Date: 10 May, 2022
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST | 19:00-20:00 CEST | 10:00-11:00 PT | 12:00-13:00 CT | 13:00-14:00 ET
Speakers: Rabbi Joshua Stanton, CLAL, NY, USA , and Rabbi Benjamin Spratt, Rodeph Sholom, NY,USA.
Chair: The Most Reverend Kevin McDonald KC*HS, The Archbishop Emeritus of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark, Grand Prior or the Lieutenancy of England and Wales of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre, and Patron of the Oxford Interfaith Forum, UK.
- Eschatology and Politics in Christianity
- Rabbi Akiva and the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of Redemption
- Visions of the Afterlife in the Work of Ephraem Graecus
- A Comparative History of Catholic and Ash‘arī Theologies of Truth and Salvation
- Eschatology and Theodicy in the Qu’ran
- Elijah the Prophet’s Varied Eschatological Roles in Jewish and Christian Discourse
- From Passive to Active: Gender and Atonement in Mary’s Tours of Hell
- Developments in Catholic Teaching on Eschatology
- The End of All Things Is at Hand: A Christian Eschatology in Conversation with Science and Islam