We are delighted to welcome Professor Chakravarthi Ram-Prasad FBA, Lancaster University, UK, to lead a session of the Philosophy in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Topic: Reaching beyond metaphysics: God of love, God beyond being in two traditions
Speaker: Professor Chakravarthi Ram-Prasad FBA, Lancaster University, UK
Date: 18 July, 2022
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST | 10:00-11:00 PT | 13:00-14:00 ET
If you would like to join the Philosophy in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
- Reaching beyond metaphysics: God of love, God beyond being in two traditions
- Holy Envy: Faith, Truth and Interfaith Understanding
- Matteo Ricci and the Problem of Religious Translation
- Professor James Orr Inaugurates the International Interfaith Reading Group on Philosophy in Interfaith Contexts
- What Christians Can Learn from the Devotional Poetry of Hindu South India
- Historical Suffering and Agency: Alternative Conceptions of Power in the Jewish Philosophical Thought of Hermann Cohen
- Addressing the Needham Question with a Chinese Theology of Holistic Wisdom
- Embodied Cognition and the Soul: Lessons from Cognitive Science and Christian Eschatology
- An Islamic Philosophy of Plurality: Shah Waliullah of Delhi (1703-62) on the Unity and Diversity of Humanity
- Moral and Spiritual Courage: A Muslim Perspective
- A Religious Crucible: Elia Benamozegh (1823-1900), Jewish Universalism and Interreligious Encounters