Welcome: Dr Erica Mongé-Greer, Clark Honors College, University of Oregon.
Inaugural Speaker: Revd Dr John Goldingay, the David Allan Hubbard Professor Emeritus of Old Testament in the School of Theology of Fuller Theological Seminary.
Chair: Revd Dr Bill Goodman, St Peter’s College.
Date: Wednesday, 20 October, 2021
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST | 19:00-20:00 CEST | 20:00-21:00 IST | 10:00-11:00 PDT | 12:00-13:00 CST | 13:00-14:00 EST
· Benjamin Kamine, Jewish Theological Seminary, NY, USA
· Diane Obenchain, Fuller Theological Seminary, CA, USA
· Karenza Passmore, North East Religious Learning Resources Centre, UK
Watch a recording of this session here:
If you would like to join the PSALMS in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
- When Music Meets Psalms: Psalm 130
- Psalm 132: A Song of Ascents
- Psalm 88: ‘Fists Flailing at the Gates of Heaven’
- Psalm 82: Demanding Justice
- Psalm 51: Contemporary Multifaith Interpretations
- Comparative Reading of Psalms and Abrahams’ Prayers in the Quran
- Psalm 33: Mystical Reading
- Psalm 139
- Psalm 1: Inaugural Session by Revd Dr John Goldingay
- Midrash Tehillim on Psalm 24
- Psalm 19: Muslim Reflections on Creation
- Psalm 46: Singing in Hope and Defiance
- Psalm 131: How I Weaned Myself from the Breast of God