We are delighted to welcome Rabbi Dr Deborah Kahn-Harris, Principal of Leo Baeck College, London, UK, to lead a session of the International Interfaith Reading Group on Psalms in Interfaith Contexts.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Topic: Psalm 131: how I weaned Myself from the Breast of God.
Speaker: Rabbi Dr Deborah Kahn-Harris, Principal of Leo Baeck College, London, UK
Chair: Rabbi Joshua Stanton, Senior Fellow at The National Jewish Center for Learning and Leadership, NY, USA
Date: 13 June, 2022
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST I 10:00-11:00 PT | 13:00-14:00 ET
If you would like to join the Psalms in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
Video recording is available here
- Psalm 132: A Song of Ascents
- Psalm 88: ‘Fists Flailing at the Gates of Heaven’
- Psalm 82: Demanding Justice
- Psalm 51: Contemporary Multifaith Interpretations
- Comparative Reading of Psalms and Abrahams’ Prayers in the Quran
- Psalm 33: Mystical Reading
- Psalm 139
- Psalm 1: Inaugural Session by Revd Dr John Goldingay
- Psalm 37:25, Innocent Suffering, and Divine Recompense
- Psalm 131: How I Weaned Myself from the Breast of God
- When Music Meets Psalms: Psalm 130
- Psalm 46: Singing in Hope and Defiance
- Psalm 19: Muslim Reflections on Creation
- Midrash Tehillim on Psalm 24
- Spurring Colonialism and Slavery: Protestants and Catholics United in their Use of Psalm 132