We are delighted to welcome Dr Zeyneb Sayilgan, Muslim Scholar at the Institute for Islamic, Christian, and Jewish Studies, MD, USA, to lead a session of the Psalms in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Speaker: Dr Zeyneb Sayilgan, Muslim Scholar at the Institute for Islamic, Christian, and Jewish Studies, MD, USA.
Chair: Revd Dr Eric Sarwar, Fellow of the Oxford Interfaith Forum.
Date: 22 September, 2022
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST I 19:00-20:00 CET | 10:00-11:00 PT | 13:00-14:00 ET10:00-11:00 PT | 13:00-14:00 ET
After registering, you will receive email from ZOOM containing information about joining the meeting.
PLEASE check your SPAM folder if you do not see a Zoom email in your inbox.
If you would like to join the PSALMS in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
If you missed this session, a recording is available below:
- Psalm 132: A Song of Ascents
- Psalm 88: ‘Fists Flailing at the Gates of Heaven’
- Psalm 82: Demanding Justice
- Psalm 51: Contemporary Multifaith Interpretations
- Comparative Reading of Psalms and Abrahams’ Prayers in the Quran
- Psalm 33: Mystical Reading
- Psalm 139
- Psalm 1: Inaugural Session by Revd Dr John Goldingay
- Psalm 37:25, Innocent Suffering, and Divine Recompense
- Psalm 131: How I Weaned Myself from the Breast of God
- When Music Meets Psalms: Psalm 130
- Psalm 46: Singing in Hope and Defiance
- Psalm 19: Muslim Reflections on Creation
- Midrash Tehillim on Psalm 24
- Spurring Colonialism and Slavery: Protestants and Catholics United in their Use of Psalm 132