We are delighted to welcome Professor Henrike Lähnemann, Chair of Medieval German Literature and Linguistics, University of Oxford, UK, to lead a session of the Psalms in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Date: 15 Augut, 2022
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST I 10:00-11:00 PT | 13:00-14:00 ET
Speaker: Professor Henrike Lähnemann, Chair of Medieval German Literature and Linguistics, University of Oxford, UK.
Chair: Rabbi Benjamin Spratt, Senior Rabbi of Rodeph Sholom, NY, USA.
If you would like to join the PSALMS in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
- When Music Meets Psalms: Psalm 130
- Psalm 132: A Song of Ascents
- Psalm 88: ‘Fists Flailing at the Gates of Heaven’
- Psalm 82: Demanding Justice
- Psalm 51: Contemporary Multifaith Interpretations
- Comparative Reading of Psalms and Abrahams’ Prayers in the Quran
- Psalm 33: Mystical Reading
- Psalm 139
- Psalm 1: Inaugural Session by Revd Dr John Goldingay
- Midrash Tehillim on Psalm 24
- Psalm 19: Muslim Reflections on Creation
- Psalm 46: Singing in Hope and Defiance
- Psalm 131: How I Weaned Myself from the Breast of God