We are delighted to invite to a session of the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group led by Dr Christine Mangala Frost, Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge, UK.
The reading material will be circulated to those who will register for this session.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Topic: Alexander Schmemann on Theotokos vis-à-vis Kali a Hindu Mother Goddess
Speaker: Dr Christine Mangala Frost, Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge, UK.
Chair: Professor Sebastian Brock, FBA, Wolfson College, University of Oxford, UK.
Date: 30 May, 2022
Time: 17:00-18:00 BST | 18:00-19:00 CET | 9:00-10:00 PT | 11:00-12:00 CT | 12:00-13:00 ET
If you would like to join the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
The recording of this session is available here:
- Signs of Miraculousness: The Inimitability of Jacob of Serugh’s Teaching according to the Metrical Biography by Saʿīd Bar Sabunī (11th c)
- Enoch and the Fallen Angels in the Ethiopian Tradition
- Narsai on the Virgin Mary
- An Anonymous Syriac Dialogue between Mary and the Angel
- Dadisho of Qatar: Questioning the Desert Fathers
- Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras: an Orthodox Dialogue with Islam
- George the Athonite on matters of Faith and Rite, According to the Life of St George the Hagiorite
- Temple, Shekhinah and Prayer in Isaac of Nineveh’s III.VIII
- St. Ephrem’s Commentary on Genesis Ch.3
- Alexander Schmemann on Theotokos vis-à-vis Kali a Hindu Mother Goddess
- The Opening Prayers of Saint Gregory of Narek’s Book of Lamentations
- Commemorating the saints at Turfan: Mart Shir and Mar Barshabba
- Jacob of Sarug on the Canaanite Woman (Mt 15:21-28, Mk 7:24-30): Biblical Storytelling and Models of Faith
- The Paterik of the Kyivan Caves Monastery: Monk Polikarp in Discourse 14