In Memoriam . . . 🕯️
30 May, 2022
We are delighted to invite to a session of the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group led by Dr Christine Mangala Frost, Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge, UK.
The reading material will be circulated to those who will register for this session.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Topic: Alexander Schmemann on Theotokos vis-à-vis Kali a Hindu Mother Goddess
Speaker: Dr Christine Mangala Frost, Institute for Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge, UK.
Chair: Professor Sebastian Brock, FBA, Wolfson College, University of Oxford, UK.
Date: 30 May, 2022
Time: 17:00-18:00 BST | 18:00-19:00 CET | 9:00-10:00 PT | 11:00-12:00 CT | 12:00-13:00 ET
Please register below for this session
If you would like to join the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
The recording of this session is available here:
- From Edessa to South Arabia and Back: The Syriac Story of Bishop Paul and Priest John and Models of Sanctity in the Medieval Middle East
- Returning the Ticket: God and Evil in the Brothers Karamazov
- Signs of Miraculousness: The Inimitability of Jacob of Serugh’s Teaching
- Enoch and the Fallen Angels in the Ethiopian Tradition
- Narsai on the Virgin Mary
- Gregory of Nyssa: On the Human Image of God
- Wrestling with Calculating-Thoughts: Mental Training according to Evagrius of Pontus
- An Anonymous Syriac Dialogue between Mary and the Angel
- Dadisho of Qatar: Questioning the Desert Fathers
- George the Athonite on Matters of Faith and Rite, According to the Life of St George the Hagiorite
- Temple, Shekhinah and Prayer in Isaac of Nineveh’s III.VIII
- St. Ephrem’s Commentary on Genesis Ch.3
- 🕯️Alexander Schmemann on Theotokos vis-à-vis Kali a Hindu Mother Goddess
- The Opening Prayers of Saint Gregory of Narek’s Book of Lamentations