31 March, 2022
We are delighted to invite you to the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group’s session led by Professor Erin Galgay Walsh, University of Chicago Divinity School, IL, USA.
Here are the details of this fascinating event.
Topic: Narsai on the Virgin Mary
Speaker: Professor Erin Galgay Walsh, The University of Chicago Divinity School, IL, USA.
Chair: Professor Sebastian Brock FBA, Wolfson College, University of Oxford
Date: Thu, 31 March, 2022
Time: 17:00-18:00 BST | 9:00-10:00 PT | 12:00-13:00 ET
Please register below
If you would like to join the Eastern Christianity in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
Watch the recording of this session here:
- From Edessa to South Arabia and Back: The Syriac Story of Bishop Paul and Priest John and Models of Sanctity in the Medieval Middle East
- Returning the Ticket: God and Evil in the Brothers Karamazov
- Signs of Miraculousness: The Inimitability of Jacob of Serugh’s Teaching
- Enoch and the Fallen Angels in the Ethiopian Tradition
- Narsai on the Virgin Mary
- Gregory of Nyssa: On the Human Image of God
- Wrestling with Calculating-Thoughts: Mental Training according to Evagrius of Pontus
- An Anonymous Syriac Dialogue between Mary and the Angel
- Dadisho of Qatar: Questioning the Desert Fathers
- George the Athonite on Matters of Faith and Rite, According to the Life of St George the Hagiorite
- Temple, Shekhinah and Prayer in Isaac of Nineveh’s III.VIII
- St. Ephrem’s Commentary on Genesis Ch.3
- 🕯️Alexander Schmemann on Theotokos vis-à-vis Kali a Hindu Mother Goddess
- The Opening Prayers of Saint Gregory of Narek’s Book of Lamentations
- Commemorating the saints at Turfan: Mart Shir and Mar Barshabba
- Jacob of Sarug on the Canaanite Woman (Mt 15:21-28, Mk 7:24-30): Biblical Storytelling and Models of Faith
- The Paterik of the Kyivan Caves Monastery: Monk Polikarp in Discourse 14
- Sarah and the Akedah: a Syriac Narrative Poem on Genesis 22
- Matta el-Meskin/Matthew the Poor: a ‘Contemporary Desert Father’ on Christian Unity
- Epistolary Style in Coptic Letters from the Late Third Century to the Early Fifth Century
- Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras: an Orthodox Dialogue with Islam