We are deeply honored to welcome Professor Salih Sayilgan, Georgetown University, USA, and Fellow of the Oxford Interfaith Forum, to lead a session of the International Interfaith Reading Group on Eschatology in Interfaith Contexts.
Here are the details of this fascinating event.
Topic: Eschatology and Theodicy in the Qu’ran
Speaker: Professor Salih Sayilgan, Georgetown University, USA, and Fellow of the Oxford Interfaith Forum, UK.
Chair: Frank Fredericks, Founder of World Faith and Fellow of the Oxford Interfaith Forum.
Date: 28 September, 2022
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST | 19:00-20:00 CEST | 10:00-11:00 PT | 12:00-13:00 CT | 13:00-14:00 ET
After registering, you will receive a Zoom email containing information about joining the meeting.
If you do not see the Zoom email in your inbox, please, check your SPAM or JUNK folder.
If you would like to join the Eschatology in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
If you missed this session, a recording is available below:
- Rabbi Akiva and the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of Redemption
- Visions of the Afterlife in the Work of Ephraem Graecus
- A Comparative History of Catholic and Ash‘arī Theologies of Truth and Salvation
- Developments in Catholic Teaching on Eschatology
- The End of All Things Is at Hand: A Christian Eschatology in Conversation with Science and Islam
- Embodied Cognition and the Soul: Lessons from Cognitive Science and Christian Eschatology
- Eschatology and Politics in Christianity
- Eschatology and Theodicy in the Qu’ran
- From Passive to Active: Gender and Atonement in Mary’s Tours of Hell
- Elijah the Prophet’s Varied Eschatological Roles in Jewish and Christian Discourse