We are delighted to welcome Professor Abdullah Antepli, Associate Professor of the Practice of Interfaith Relations at Duke Divinity School and Associate Professor of the Practice at Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, NC, USA, to lead a session of the Philosophy in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group.
Here are the details of this fascinating session.
Topic: Moral and Spiritual Courage: A Muslim Perspective.
Speaker: Professor Abdullah Antepli, Associate Professor of the Practice of Interfaith Relations at Duke Divinity School and Associate Professor of the Practice at Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University, NC, USA.
Chair: Professor Clemence Boulouque, Carl and Bernice Witten Associate Professor of Jewish and Israel Studies, Columbia University, NY, USA.
Date: 2 June, 2022
Time: 18:00-19:00 BST | 10:00-11:00 PT | 13:00-14:00 ET
If you would like to join the Philosophy in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
If you missed this session, a recording is available below:
- The Varieties of Atheism: Connecting Religion and Its Critics
- Making Sense of “GOD”: What God-Talk Means and Does
- How Islamic Philosophy Rescues Classical Theism in the Philosophy of Religion
- Holy Envy: Faith, Truth and Interfaith Understanding
- Doing Comparative Theology Through a Decolonial Lens
- A Jewish Philosophical Approach to Interfaith Relations: Re-reading Genesis According to Rabbi Jonathan Sacks
- Matteo Ricci and the Problem of Religious Translation
- Human Equality and Abrahamic Monotheism
- Moral and Spiritual Courage: A Muslim Perspective
- A Religious Crucible: Elia Benamozegh (1823-1900), Jewish Universalism and Interreligious Encounters
- Reaching beyond Metaphysics: God of Love, God beyond Being in Two Traditions
- Embodied Cognition and the Soul: Lessons from Cognitive Science and Christian Eschatology
- An Islamic Philosophy of Plurality: Shah Waliullah of Delhi (1703-62) on the Unity and Diversity of Humanity
- Holistic Wisdom from a Chinese Perspective
- Historical Suffering and Agency: Alternative Conceptions of Power in the Jewish Philosophical Thought of Hermann Cohen
- HMD 2023: Development in Catholic Teaching about and Relations with Jews since World War II
- How Christians Can Learn from the Devotional Poetry of Hindu South India
- Can Aristotle’s Ideas on Akrasia Shed Light on the Account of Original Sin in Gen 3:1-6?