We are deeply honoured to welcome Professor Lisa Miller, Professor of Psychology and Education and the Founder of the Spirituality, Mind, Body Institute (SMBI) at the Columbia University, Teachers College, NY, USA to lead a session of the International Interfaith Reading Group on Science and Region in Interfaith Contexts.
With this fascinating event,
will launch our joint project
Topic: The Awakened Brain: The New Science of Spirituality and Our Quest for an Inspired Life
Speaker: Professor Lisa Miller, Professor of Psychology and Education and the Founder of the Spirituality, Mind, Body Institute (SMBI) at the Columbia University, Teachers College, NY, USA
Speaker’s bio: Professor Lisa Miller is a Professor in the Clinical Psychology Program at Teachers College at Columbia University, and the New York Times bestselling author of The Spiritual Child and The Awakened Brain. She is the Founder of the Spirituality Mind Body Institute, the first Ivy League research institute and place of graduate study in spirituality and psychology, and has held over a decade of joint appointments in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University Medical School. Her innovative research has been supported by millions of dollars in grants and is published in more than one hundred peer-reviewed journal articles, including Cerebral Cortex, The American Journal of Psychiatry, JAMA-Psychiatry, and the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
Professor Miller is the President, CEO and Member of the Board of Trustees of the Collaborative for Spirituality in Education. She is a Founding Co-Editor-in-Chief of the APA journal Spirituality in Clinical Practice, a Founding Associate Editor of Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, an elected Fellow of The American Psychological Association (APA) and the two-time President of the APA Society for Psychology, Religion and Spirituality.
Professor Miller is the Editor of the first, and the second editions of the Oxford Handbook of Psychology and Spirituality published by the Oxford University Press.
Chair: Revd Canon Dr Joanna Collicutt, Supernumerary Fellow in Psychology of Religion, Harris Manchester College, University of Oxford, UK
Time: 18:00-19:00 GMT | 19:00-20:00 CEST | 10:00-11:00 PST | 12:00-13:00 CST | 13:00-14:00 EST
After registering, you will receive a Zoom email containing information about joining the meeting. If you do not see the zoom email in your inbox, please, check your spam folder.
If you would like to join the Science and Religion in Interfaith Contexts Reading Group, please sign up here.
You are welcome to download and circulate this flyer
- Awakened Brain: Science of Spirituality and Human Flourishing
- Bouncing Back from the Climate Crisis to Climate Resilience
- Science-Engaged Theology in Judaism: Historical Overview
- The Awakened Brain: The New Science of Spirituality and Our Quest for an Inspired Life
- Speaking Specifically in a Multireligious Conversation with Science
- Strangers on a Train: Climate Change, Jewish Thought, and the Duty of Witness
- Embodied Cognition and the Soul: Lessons from Cognitive Science and Christian Eschatology
- Reflections on Science & Religion: Contradictory or Complementary?
- Climate, God, and Uncertainty: A Transcendental Naturalistic Approach to Bruno Latour
- Can Nature be ‘Red in tooth and Claw’ in the Thought of Augustine?
- 🕯️Science and Religion: An Interfaith Invitation for Fresh Narratives